Gary Coffman

Default Wireless networking question was Shop computer question

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:23:52 GMT, Ron Thompson wrote:
In Googling for an answer to this problem, I found this article that
says it may me a Microsoft problem:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,63705,00.html

I think that may be a different problem. As I understand it, the
Wireless Zero Configuration problem affects all internet services
on the particular computer. You have a different problem with
some applications working and some not working. I've seen that
problem here on my XP and a wired DSL connection. Mail would
still work, but the browser gets page unreachable. Or browser
works but Agent can't reach the news server. Etc. Disconnecting
and reconnecting usually clears the problem, rebooting always
does. So I suspect the issue is with a more fundamental part of
the XP networking software. I never have those issues when
running Linux.

Gary