Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default just turned it on. (no pun intended)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:20:10 -0800 (PST), SAM wrote:

I just got a lathe for Christmas and I have never used one before but
I'm very excited to finally have the opportunity to begin creating all
kinds of cool things with it.

I'd like to know if anyone can suggest a set of tools and accessories
that would be good to start with.

My lathe can handle a 40" blank.

thanks.

40" long, or in diameter?

Just kidding, Sam..
You'll get as many different answers to your questions as you would if you asked
what brand your next truck should be..

I buy a lot of these at PSI and like them, others don't care for them:
http://www.pennstateind.com/store/lcsixw.html

I think it's a pretty good value for a mid-range starter set that should last
for several years..

Of course, that's just the beginning of the addiction..
You're gonna want a chuck, more & different chisels, power sanding setup, dust
collection, etc., etc., etc.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing