Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Rusted gears usable?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:41:37 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
I just "fixed" an elderly Milwaukee right angle Hole Hawg. ...
the reduction gears and bearings were rusted into an amorphous mass. ...
All them needle bearings...mass of rust. ...

Wow - you didn't rehab that drill, you resurrected it! It was dead and
rotting and now it lives! And who would re-use rusted needle bearings?
You're an inspiration, Gunner. I have a rusted needle bearing in this
rototiller - I guess I'll re-use it. Well, maybe not.

Bob

Chuckle..with the PBlaster...some heat, some pressure, some
vibration..the bearings will either wipe out totally and not even act
as bushings..or start to turn.

Ive got $0 in it.

The drill was designed to hog screwtipped auger bits through headers
and 2x4s and beams at slow speeds. Its a beast. Now instead of a dead
piece of ****..its a noisy but running piece of ****.

Good enough.

I do industrial electrical among many other things. Not a lot of beams
and whatnot in tilt up buildings. So if I use it 2x a year...2
holes...its...

Good enough

Gunner