Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default wtb: special tap

Suggest you make the special. Take a split die of -36tpi that is close
and compress or expand and see if the .206 will fit - might be able.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Jon wrote:
I'm doing a job which requires me to tap a hole in prep for a schrader valve
core.
The thread, according to Schrader's website, is 0.206"-36tpi

This tap is not commonly available from stock.
I know that I can special order this tap, but seems to be an unnecessary
expense for a short run job

If anyone has any of these that they would like to sell, or knows of a
source, please contact me

thanks

Jon