Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5390 Ignoramus5390 is offline

Default I wanna build a Dump Bed Trailer

On 2008-01-15, Pete C. wrote:
Not really. Those axles are not designed for routine service, only a few
hundred miles delivery and then a life of rust. They are popular for
home build trailers because they are cheap, and they work ok for light
trailers, but they'll fail quickly if you try to operate them at their
limited rating. Perhaps use four of them so they operate at around
3,000# load max and they might hold up ok. Otherwise you'll be better
served buying real 7,000# rated axles which aren't that expensive.

Just a data point. My Dexter (IIRC) 6,000 lbs axle, which included a
electric brake, and springs, and tires, cost me about $500 plus or
minus some $$.

Not exactly cheap. But it was worth it.