Posted to alt.home.repair
lanman lanman is offline

Default Price of a new gas furnace

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:00:51 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"

#1 is getting a good contractor. Really you want two so you have two
competitive bids.

#2 is going with the contractor. Let the contractor pick the brand and size
etc. They know what works well in your area and what will have parts
available etc. They also will be more familiar with the installation
process for it.

The contractor might pick the furnace with the highest profit margin
and not the one best for the consumer. I'd have the contractor
determine the size required, then do my own shopping.