Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Fuel flow meter for cars .. ?

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:59:47 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Geir Holmavatn wrote:
Have all those good ol' 2" fuel flow instruments with separate sensor
been wept off the market and replaced by cruise control computers..?

Anyone knowing where to find a fuel-flow meter with sensor for gasoline
with display in European units: milliliters per minute or liters per
hour..?

Thanks for tips and comments

They're not any use with injection as the fuel runs in a loop sending
unused back to the tank. And at high pressure. The normal way these days
is to count injection pulses and duration.

I suppose you could employ two (2) in-line sensors -- one on the supply
side, and one on the return side and subtract the return flow from the
supply flow in the u-processor. (I'm assuming the project used a
MicroChip [or similar uP) thingy.)

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux