Posted to rec.woodworking
Twayne Twayne is offline

Default DeWAlt 735 Planer Question & Hint

James wrote:
Hi Group, I just flipped the blades in my 735 planner. These cannot be
sharpened can they? Here's the hint I was looking for a way to route
the chips to a garbage can (I'd been using a shopvac) and didn't want
to get involved with 4" dust fittings (pricey) so I started looking at
2" ABS fittings. I used a 2" long 90* elbow which almost slipped over
the 2 1/2" outlet. I warmed it up with a heat gun until it was soft
and forced it over the outlet. It's tight but won't blow or vibrate
off but can be removed. Then I added a short length of 2" ABS pipe, a
90* street elbow, a male adapter thru the trash can lid and a female
adapter to act as a nut to hold it in place. Cost about $10. Jim

Do you really need vacuum? Mine's powerful enough the chips go thru my
large vac hose right into the garbage can. The can's fastened to the
planer carrier; moves around with it. it's also a DeWalt.