Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default 25 hp Phase converter

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
There is no such thing as "ghost voltage" from a rotary phase converter.
A RPC is an electrical
network consisting of : 2 three-phase motors or 1 single-phase motor and
1 or more 3-phase motors
running from a common source. That source may be 3-phase or single phase
and 1 of the motors (the
idler) can be single phase. The usual RPC consists of a single-phase
motor and a three-phase motor
(load) connected across a single-phase supply with appropriate "balancing"
and starting capacitors.
See www.metalwebnews.com for some good articles on RPCs.

Bob Swinney

Hi Bob

I especially liked the referenced article titled "Induction Motors and
Phase Converters. I have read it many times and am still learning things
about 3 phase motors from the information included therein.

Jerry