Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon[_4_] Jon[_4_] is offline

Default wtb: special tap

"Wes" wrote in message
"Jon" wrote:

I'm doing a job which requires me to tap a hole in prep for a schrader
valve
core.
The thread, according to Schrader's website, is 0.206"-36tpi

This tap is not commonly available from stock.
I know that I can special order this tap, but seems to be an unnecessary
expense for a short run job

If anyone has any of these that they would like to sell, or knows of a
source, please contact me

thanks

Jon

I don't know if this site is selling a tap:
http://www.maico.com.mx/product_info...oducts_id/315T

I wonder if 13/64-36 is what you are looking for?

http://www.myisuzuparts.com/2004/1/9...showparts.html
CORE - A/C REFRIG SERV VLV(INCLS SPRING)(EXC O-RING)(13/64-36 THD)(PART
OF
33)

I didn't do very well looking for you but I did try.

It looks like threading a piece of A2, grinding flutes and hardening is
the
way to go atm.

And I thought the 7/32-40 irrc, tap for rear sight aperature inserts was
an
oddball!

Wes

gun threads have always been a joy, from what I hear.

The Engineering manager at schrader didn't offer me the option of buying one
from them.
He basically said I had no business cutting a thread to fit THEIR (gasp)
core.

I can get them custom made, around 3/$100

I need one, a spare would be a good idea.

I won't make one for that price, but it just seems to me that since schrader
valve cores are in half the tires in the world, SOMEBODY would have these on
the shelf.