Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default wtb: special tap

"Jon" wrote:

I'm doing a job which requires me to tap a hole in prep for a schrader valve
core.
The thread, according to Schrader's website, is 0.206"-36tpi

This tap is not commonly available from stock.
I know that I can special order this tap, but seems to be an unnecessary
expense for a short run job

If anyone has any of these that they would like to sell, or knows of a
source, please contact me

thanks

Jon

I don't know if this site is selling a tap:
http://www.maico.com.mx/product_info...oducts_id/315T

I wonder if 13/64-36 is what you are looking for?

http://www.myisuzuparts.com/2004/1/9...showparts.html
CORE - A/C REFRIG SERV VLV(INCLS SPRING)(EXC O-RING)(13/64-36 THD)(PART OF
33)

I didn't do very well looking for you but I did try.

It looks like threading a piece of A2, grinding flutes and hardening is the
way to go atm.

And I thought the 7/32-40 irrc, tap for rear sight aperature inserts was an
oddball!

Wes