Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dixon Dixon is offline

Default 25 hp Phase converter

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
There is no such thing as "ghost voltage" from a rotary phase converter.
A RPC is an electrical
network consisting of : 2 three-phase motors or 1 single-phase motor and
1 or more 3-phase motors
running from a common source. That source may be 3-phase or single phase
and 1 of the motors (the
idler) can be single phase. The usual RPC consists of a single-phase
motor and a three-phase motor
(load) connected across a single-phase supply with appropriate "balancing"
and starting capacitors.
See www.metalwebnews.com for some good articles on RPCs.

Bob Swinney

Bob, over time I have read many of your posts and they all were well done
and made a lot of sense---until now. WTF are you talking about! I certainly
appreciate you trying to help me, but are you kidding? I've had close to
thirty years experience with phase converters and diesel, real three phase
power, and I've never heard such a convoluted explaination of a phase
converter. I'm sorry, but your explaination sounds like a story one would
come up with when coming home at 5 A.M. and the wife is unexpectedly awake
when you try to sneak into bed!
Dixon