Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Sandman Mr Sandman is offline

Default Arrrggghhh!!

Mr Sandman wrote:
Why do women (2 daughters and wife) insist on leaving windows open?
With
the heating full blast cus its cold?? Then complains its cold and
turns
up the heating rather than check windows are closed!

Or lights that turn themselves off.

In my single days, I laughed once, returned from a business trip
abroad
with a colleague when, directing the taxi late one Friday night, he
said
"that house over there, the one with all the lights blazing."

Now that I'm married, and still have the occasional business trip, I
use
pretty much the same description.

When quizzed, "oh, the house feels more lived in with the lights on,
when
you're away".

Bloody women.

In our house it's the other way round. Grand daughter and I turn lights
off
when we leave a room unless it's occupied. Guess who leaves them on?

Right in one. Spouse.

Short of carrying out a poll on this topic, I'm afraid, Mary, that my
vote goes with it being a trait of the ladies.

I blame the education system - women (in general) were not (and it
appears still are not) encouraged in their early years to have awareness
of physical/scientific concepts.

They were in my day - that is in grammar schools they were. Gosh, we even
did maths, physics, Chemistry and biology to A level and had several State
Scholarships in the subjects every year.

Oxford and Cambridge were no problem either because most girls were taught
Latin and some Greek.

My better half, for instance, is simply unable to understand how a TRV
works and simply turns it to Max when the room is too cool for her.

Then you're a lousy teacher.

Right?

Mary

I have the same problems with my wife. If im away for the day, i come back
to a house with all the TRVs turned up full . She still cant grasp why the
kitchen rad is cool when the living room rad is hot!

Steve