Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to get my money back from a jerk contractor...

"RBM" wrote in message
These situations are rarely completely one sided. I would compile a list
of all the failings of the contractor, have a competent attorney send him
the list in a letter seeking a fair settlement, and hope one can be
reached and you get something back. The alternative is to go to court,
which at best takes the money from the contractor and gives it to your
attorney.

If he goes to small claims court, he doesn't need an attorney. If he's in
NY, there's a good chance the town justice won't have any legal training, so
he'll be on equal footing.