Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Fuel flow meter for cars .. ?

"Geir Holmavatn" wrote in message
Hi,

Have all those good ol' 2" fuel flow instruments with separate sensor been
wept off the market and replaced by cruise control computers..?

Anyone knowing where to find a fuel-flow meter with sensor for gasoline
with display in European units: milliliters per minute or liters per
hour..?

Thanks for tips and comments

**Here is an article published in and Australian magazine which describes a
car computer:

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102510/article.html

None of the local suppliers supports the kit any longer. However, as I
recall, the kit was designed by a contractor to the magazine. As a
consequence, that person probably can assist with stuff like sensors, PCBs,
programmed microcontrollers, et al. You will probably need to purchase the
article to ascertain the details. Or perhaps a polite email to the publisher
may elicit the contact details of the author.

Good luck. I almost built one, but found a (second hand) commercial device
at a very good price first. I do recall that the design was most impressive.

Trevor Wilson