Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default differing strengths of cyanoacrylate ?

When I first bought cyanoacrylate glue in the 70s from West Hyde
Developments it was amazing, sticking things fast & well. It was truly
magical.

Over the years of buying equivalents from stationers and sheds I've felt
that it lacked efficacy and had almost given using it.

But, when buying the well-mentioned IR thermometer from Maplin recently
I made up the order with their BondLoc brand of cyanoacrylate. I've just
had cause to use it and it's again the amazing stuff I remember from
years back.

Are there differing strengths of 'superglue'?

--
Si