Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dixon Dixon is offline

Default 25 hp Phase converter

Ive been using a 25 hp phase converter for several years now and it's worked
perfectly except with no load there is "ghost voltage" on the generated leg.
As soon as a load is applied, the voltage is quite even. The ghost voltage
is twenty or thirty volts higher on the generated leg and is no problem for
motors but cnc equipt is very sensitive. To be safe I would turn on a
bridgeport or band saw before applying power to a cnc. I just bought a new
30 hp cnc safe converter for around $1900. If anyone is interested, I feel
my old one should be worth $800. I'm in W. Mich and to lazy to arrange
shipping, so if anyone is interested and within driving distance, let me
know.
Dixon