Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wallpaper matching

Frank Erskine says...
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:41:08 GMT, "Vernon"
wrote:

Having removed an ancient Baxi Bermuda fire, we are left with a patch of
wall with damaged wallpaper, I do not know where the previous occupants got
the paper from, but it has been very very well hung, as a result papering
the whole room is a no no. I have spoken to a decorator who has said if we
can get the paper, he can replace the damaged rolls to the same standard as
the rest of the room.

If the fire was mounted on a chimney breast, you could simply replace
the paper on that with something that looks OK with the rest of the
room.

Yes, actually use entirely different wallpaper that
complements the look of the other paper and room.
My Mrs does things like that - doing one wall with a
different but complementary colour or paper.
It won't work if the other paper is too similar in terms of
pattern or colour - they will just clash.
--
David in Normandy