Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

In article 478a8486@qaanaaq,
Andy Hall wrote:
Even so, the abuse of alcohol in Finland is a serious problem, to the
point that there are paramedic patrols in all of the major towns during
the winter months picking up people on the streets who would otherwise
die of hypothermia in temperatures well below -20 degrees. I have
seen people being picked up in Helsinki, Tampere and other cities on
several occasions and we are not talking about down and outs in shop
doorways, but people in suits.

Is this because, as a tourist or visitor, you're walking around these city
centres? Rather than just driving your car as in the UK?

You'll see plenty of drunks of all social classes in the West End of
London at night if you walk around or use public transport. And I'd guess
in most cities.

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.