flashgorman

Default Extractor fan not extracting

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
A long shot - but may help...

I had a similar problem with a brand new extractor that did not seem to do
anything either.

When I finally opened the cover a few weeks later I discovered that there

is
a leaver inside that should be set depending on whether you extract to the
outside, or to the inside (filtering only). Needless to say, mine was set

external extraction mode, which was blocked with a cover, as I only wanted
it to filter. The smell from the fan was interesting too... Pretty
embarrassing I must say, although it wasn't me who fitted it.

May be worth checking whether you have such settings, and whether it

moved.

Just my 2p-worth.

Cheers ,sorry should have mentioned that I have found said lever and its
set to external.