Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default New roof - how to evaluate estimates?

If you want to know how much it is going to cost, then I would say about
$20 per square for tear off, 1.00 per sf for decking (1/2" OSB, and
about 75 to 100 bucks a square for 30 or 40 year architectural shingles
(that price includes all "trim").

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Hey Robert -

We are a good distance apart, as I am in WI. I just want to ask a
couple of questions, out of curiosity.

Here, a roofer would typically charge $25 per square PER LAYER of tear
off. Can you actually get a 3-layer tear off done for $20 / square?

Also, roofers generally charge $65 - $100 per square for installation
here, but that wouldn't include the cost of the shingles. Just by the
wording of your post, it seems that your numbers might have included
materials.

Just wondering.

JK