Posted to alt.home.repair, alt.building.construction
[email protected][_2_] hondgm@yahoo.com[_2_] is offline

Default Bathroom fan

On Jan 13, 9:18 am, "RBM" wrote:
Once you cut the opening for the fan, pull the electric cable down, drill a
pilot hole through the roof, and leave something sticking out so you can
find it. From on the roof, cut your 4 inch hole for the roof cap and install
it. Attach a short length of 4 inch flex to the roof cap through the
bathroom opening, then attach the flex and cable to the fan and install the
fan from below. There should be no need to crawl into the attic

The opening is already there for the fan, the electrical work is done,
and I have a handle on the roof vent. RBM, do you have experience
with the Panasonic fans? From looking at the installation
instructions, it looks like I can install it completely through the
ceiling hole. It appears that a plate is attached to the ceiling
joist (which has the exhaust and electrical connections), then the fan
box is slid onto it and attached. Is my assumption correct?