Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default OLd Farts

Doug Winterburn said:

Greg G. wrote:

And before I am accosted by either right-wing or left-wing hyperbole,
look he http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

...and http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/create

to create (third-person singular simple present creates, present
participle creating, simple past created, past participle created)

1. to make
2. to manufacture
3. to put into existence

Well, Doug, in your zealous frenzy to further promote pointless,
polarized animosity, you obviously didn't read the article or hear the
original statement in context. As well, most of the infrastructure of
what is know as the "Internet" was already in place as
ARPANET/DARPANET - which clearly precludes Gore having "invented" the
Internet from scratch. I witnessed its existence while providing
computer services to the military in the mid-late 80s. I also think he
was fully aware of this at the time of the interview.

Even then, Gore was instrumental in "putting into existence" the
Internet _as we currently know it_ from its origins as ARPANET, so I
conclude that even taken verbatim, his statement is not completely
erroneous. Either way, it is a niggling nit to pick.

Intelligence is what allows one to extrapolate genuine intent to
deceive from clumsy wording - not looking up words in an Internet
encyclopedia that you can thank Al Gore and others for helping to
bring into your home so that you may childishly argue politically
motivated linguistic semantics.

See below:

I am living in a nation of media polarized, out of context five second
sound bite consuming, non-analytical minded, bandwagon jumping sheep.

Fits well, don't you think?

Greg G.