Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob[_11_] Bob[_11_] is offline

Default OLd Farts

thanks. at the risk of dating myself, I was involved with an early
incarnation of the internet in the late 60's early 70's. I think around
that time there were several versions, BITNET ( memory's dim but I think
this came a bit later and was the genesis of USENET), APRANET, DARAPNET,
etc.

I don't know how old Al Gore is, but suspect he was still in diapers around
then.

"Greg G." wrote in message
Greg G. said:

Glen said:

I hate seeing AlGore's invention getting abused this way.

Minorly amusing. Except that Al Gore never actually made that claim.
Just another media-created load of BS.

And before I am accosted by either right-wing or left-wing hyperbole,
look he http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

I am living in a nation of media polarized, out of context five second
sound bite consuming, non-analytical minded, bandwagon jumping sheep.

Beam me up, Scotty...

Greg G.