Posted to alt.home.repair, alt.building.construction
[email protected][_2_] hondgm@yahoo.com[_2_] is offline

Default Bathroom fan

On Jan 13, 12:15 am, Steve wrote:
" wrote on 12 Jan 2008 in group
alt.home.repair:

On Jan 12, 1:42 pm, " wrote:

RBM says that Panasonic fans can be installed completely from the
bathroom without going into the attic. The wiring is already there,
and the roof vent is a minimal problem. I've looked at the Panasonic
installation instructions, and it appears that you attach a plate to
the joist. This plate contains the air outlet and the wiring. Then
the rest of the box is slid onto it. Can anyone verify this?

I can't see your instructions from here, so you're in a better position to
judge that particular unit. The last time I installed a bathroom ceiling
fan I drove screws through holes in the side of the box directly into a
joist. If I remember correctly, the unit had some type of arms on top that
could be extended to adjacent joists in case you wanted it centered.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

Here are the instructions I was looking at. The FV-08VQL4 model looks
like it would work for me.