Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Ideas for filling gaps in threshold

On Jan 11, 8:42*am, blueman wrote:
whit3rd writes:
But, I'd consider adhesive caulk instead of epoxy. *

I'm not sure what you mean by adhesive caulk. Woud a good construction
adhesive work

Exterior caulk comes in a variety of consistencies; I was referring
to the sticky kind (not exactly construction adhesive, but close).
GE recommends their silicone caulks for best adhesion (and
the acrylic caulks for quick/easy paint application).

It's really gap-filling that most concerns me in an outdoor step
application; if a crack holds moisture, it degrades the wood fast.