Posted to alt.home.repair, alt.building.construction
[email protected][_2_] hondgm@yahoo.com[_2_] is offline

Default Bathroom fan

On Jan 12, 1:42 pm, " wrote:
The house I recently bought did not originally have a bathroom fan,
however one of the previous owners added one. They did a half-assed
job like every other project they did to the house. The house is a
standard ranch from the late 70's with a very low slope roof.

I'm aware that I don't want air blowing directly into the attic; this
is why I am planning on putting a vent on the roof. Now if I can just
avoid going into the attic, things will be much easier. The roof of
the attic is easy to touch from the fan box hole, so I can drill a
pilot hole in the roof, etc.

RBM says that Panasonic fans can be installed completely from the
bathroom without going into the attic. The wiring is already there,
and the roof vent is a minimal problem. I've looked at the Panasonic
installation instructions, and it appears that you attach a plate to
the joist. This plate contains the air outlet and the wiring. Then
the rest of the box is slid onto it. Can anyone verify this?