Martin H. Eastburn

Default Best .22 rifle?

When I was in 8th grade (city boy) Dad drove me down town (El Paso) to buy
a 22 match. I chose the Anschutz Jr. Match. Paid $99.00 for it and that
includes the 6X gas filled scope. The Metal sights were great. Hole post or
hole hole. Still have it. Stock is a bit short naturally. I was on the
rifle team - Army and the U.S. Border Patrol sponsored us. NRA naturally.

Martin

jim rozen wrote:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend, reliable
and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt action,
not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington targetmaster
single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

please reply to:

Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn