Gary Coffman

Default Best .22 rifle?

On 29 Jun 2004 15:51:48 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Gunner says...

I think..think the Savages in left hand are actual mirror image rifles
and eject out the left side. Least their centerfires do.

The point is I would be interested in getting a gun that both
righties and lefties could shoot. If a ruger 1022 then I would
get the right hand version, and put up with the cases passing
in front of my nose.... I was going to try to shoot the one
that was there last weekend, but ran out of time.

The 10/22 is a fun little rifle, and with a bunch of
rework, it can be an accurate rifle too. But I'd urge
you to consider the Browning if you want a gun
useable by lefties and righties. Because it is bottom
ejection, you don't get cases flying across your
face when shooting from either side.

If a real Browning is too rich for your blood, the
Chinese copy from Norinco is inexpensive, and
shoots well too.

Gary