Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne Twayne is offline

Default Hose Across driveway

M Q wrote:
hobbes wrote:

Hi,

I want to water a patch of grass the other side of my driverway. Is
there a good way to get a hose across there?

I am concerned about hose damage due to rolling over it with a car. I
looked at Linebacker rubber hose protectors, but at $US 119 per 3
feet, that is a $US 350 to a 9 foot wide driver way. Is there a
cheaper way? Is there a hose that will take being run over repeatedly
by cars?

Someone mentioned Flexogen hose pipes, will these do the trick?

Best, Mike.

If the hose is on, the pressure in the hose will be somewhere around
50 psi. The pressure in your tires is around 30 psi.
I suspect that you will not completely flatten the hose.
Just don't drive over the fittings.

Of course, laying 2x4's next to the hose sounds like a good idea.

1 x 3's would be simpler, cheaper, and easier to drive over and would
still prevent the pinching of the hose, which is what ruins them.

Or put a 10' piece of galvanized pipe across it with hose fittings on
each end, and drive over that. Stake it at each end so it won't spin
into the next county if someone steps on the gas.

Or route it inside the garage & lock the doors.

Or route it inside the garage, above car level.

Or get the hose out, water, and pick the hose up!

Sheesh!