Dev Null

Default Best .22 rifle?

jim rozen wrote in
:

Open for discussion: what .22 would you purchase if you wanted
an overall fun rifle to take to the range every weekend,
reliable and low maintence? Preferences to lever action or bolt
action, not single shot.

Right now we're using a winchester model 62A pump gun, which
I like because I'm left-eye dominant, and a remington
targetmaster single shot model 14 bolt action.

The remington is a loaner and will have to go back soon.

Henry? Winchester? Marlin?

Jim

please reply to:

CZ 452 is the best bolt for the money, and a bargain.

Check out:
http://www.accuratereloading.com/22rf.html
for some accuracy data.

Another decent bolt is the Sako Finnfire.

Ruger 10/22's are ok for blasting but be prepared to buy some
upgrades for good accuracy. OTOH there are A LOT of accessories
for this rifle.

Remington has a new rifle, model 504, that might be worth a look.

If you're willing to put in a little effort you can find a used
low-end Anschutz target rifle for a reasonable price.

If you're willing to splurge, American Rifleman just reviewed the
Cooper LVT. Amazing accuracy but about $1200 MSRP.