Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Hose Across driveway

hobbes wrote:

Hi,

I want to water a patch of grass the other side of my driverway. Is
there a good way to get a hose across there?

I am concerned about hose damage due to rolling over it with a car. I
looked at Linebacker rubber hose protectors, but at $US 119 per 3
feet, that is a $US 350 to a 9 foot wide driver way. Is there a
cheaper way? Is there a hose that will take being run over repeatedly
by cars?

Someone mentioned Flexogen hose pipes, will these do the trick?

Best, Mike.

Two lengths of pvc pipe the diameter of the hose or a little larger, two
bungee cords.

Or a larger section of pvc that you can insert the hose through.

Now, if you are for technically advanced methods, get a chunk of pvc
pipe, put a hose fitting on each end and hook it up to hoses. For added
glamour, you can put a fitting
at the center of the pipe to attach a rotating sprinkler so the kids can
play in the water and the dog can get a drink.