Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Directional antenna for an FM TX ?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Forrest wrote:
I just sent away for a "Ramsey FM30" FM transmitter, build it yourself
kit. It's only 25 mW and I want to maximize the power in one direction.
Can anybody direct me to an antenna for sale or give me a link to a
page to build my own. I would also appreciate any comments on this unit
or tips on its construction. Should be here early next week. Thanks in
advance.

I dunno your local regs but often these sort of unlicensed FM transmitters
are restricted to an ERP which won't cause problems to others. Upping the
ERP by use of other than a simple aerial breaks this concession. If you
need a greater range other frequencies are available for this.

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

An FM band Yagi antenna will provide you with the best directional
characteristics. As noted above, the FCC (if you're in the US) might frown on
you putting one of these on an unlicensed transmitter, but the legalities and
consequences are for you to investigate. Directional FM antennae that you can
buy:
http://www.starkelectronic.com/ac.htm has the FM-6 FRINGE 6 ELEMENT 70"LONG
$26.97
https://www.tselectronic.com/winegar...9a90d1 35799d

Plans to build an FM Yagi are he
http://www.geocities.com/zbtaz/
http://radio.meteor.free.fr/us/antenna.html
http://www.skyscan.ca/Antennas.htm

If none of those suit you, then you can do your own research on Google. Search
for Yagi FM Antenna

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra