Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Molding style question

On Jan 11, 2:28*pm, "JohnnyC" wrote:
Can I put victorian style casing i.e. fluted casing and rosettes, in a
hip-roof Colonial? *Wifey likes the look but I want to be sure it's an
appropriate style for the house (which happens to be more traditional).
Thanks.

If you're considering the skinny casings and under 3" rosettes at the
box stores, they look really tacky next to real Victorian wood work.
My neighbor is rehabbing a real Victorian and is getting a lot of wood
work from our local historic salvage operation. I think he learned his
lesson from first using the box store material. You may have a
builders salvage operation in your area, so check out the
possibilities. HTH

Joe