Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Power rating of a small switch mode ps?

N Cook wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote in message
N Cook wrote:

I need to get a rough idea of the amperage capability of a small 5V SM

ps
before attaching it to its load, to simulate, just in case the

regulation is
kapput.

Does anyone know how the volume of the smps hf transformer is related to
power throughput or any other method?

Core size is also affected by the switching frequency. Is there a
model number on the supply?

It uses a TOP66 of sufficient rating to drive a few hundred watts across

but
the ps is relatively low power , but unknown rating.

The one in question is only about 20mm cube.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Its the integrated ps in the Yamaha SPX 90 , so no info with it, on thread
below.
When operating properly the oscillation is about 59 KHz with equal
mark/space ratio,
when at half-cock then about 40KHz short mark/ space

Do you know how many watts the complete unit is supposed to draw?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida