Gunner

Default Best .22 rifle?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:06:21 GMT, Question of the Day
wrote:

Hitch wrote:

Good thing 22 cartridges are cheap.

Okay..... I'm sure you can guess my curious question.

How cheap is cheap.

What do you folks pay for various types of .22 ammo in different sized
quantities in different areas or the country.

California.. Winchester Wildcats for $9.95 a brick (500 rounds) on
sale 4-5 times a year if you look around a bit. Others can be found
for similar.

You can order 5000 round cans of Russian 22lr for around $75 though I
dont recommend it.

US made ammo is about from $100-150 per 5000 rds
http://www.ammoman.com/ (very good place to deal with) and shipping
is free. Im not sure if the Hazmat fee applies or not though. Its not
an explosive

Some more good deals from a very reputable company
Winchester
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=203012&imgid=&categname=Rimfire +Ammunition&dept%5Fname=Winchester&mscssid=3U6U9LX 72BAM9HRCJ0R12DK5S4AAFP7A

Remington
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=203009&imgid=&categname=Rimfire +Ammunition&dept%5Fname=Remington&mscssid=3U6U9LX7 2BAM9HRCJ0R12DK5S4AAFP7A

Im still working on a 5000 rd case that is dated 1973. Its good
plinking ammo. Ammo lasts forever in normal storage.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell