Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default 15mm or 22mm pipe for CH? (or even 28mm)?

In article , Sam
writes
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:20:40 GMT, fred wrote:

I'd say your first step is to balance the system, it is quite possible
that this has not been done correctly and radiators closer to the boiler
are stealing flow and therefore heat from the rest. Only if you cannot
achieve a satisfactory balance do you need consider redesign and
modification.

Thanks. Looks like I'm off to buy an IR thermometer then. Problem is,
they cost as much as a small radiator ;(

Get a feel for it by hand then, inlet should be hotter than you can bear
to touch for any length of time, outlet should be less so, perhaps
bearable for 15s (if you're butch). If any outlets are at the same or
close in temp to the inlets then the rad needs throttling.

Obviously this is a very rough guide but it's a start and better than
(potentially) nothing at all.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla