Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 03:32:19 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 02:31:09 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 05:35:05 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Pete
C." quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:23:32 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Pete C." quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Anyone seen any extrusions which might work for me? Who has a good
selection of aluminum channel profiles at dirt cheap prices?

Unistrut...

Ah, outstanding profile. Steel, probably better than aloonimum due to
strength. I'll bet the price is half or less than 8020.

Now about price and distributors. Their cart gives me blank PHP pages
in both FF and IE7 and my blockers aren't showing me any action, so
they don't seem to be the problem. sigh

Lowe's carries it, and I think Depot does as well. Rather common these
days, unistrut, power strut, etc.

I went into Grover's Electric yesterday and they carried 2' sticks of
the 7000 (low profile, 1-1/4", yellow cad plating) for $8.90 and 10'
sticks for a whopping $37.75. DAMN! That's yellow cad, not freakin'
gold plate. I'll keep looking/try the Borgs. Danke mucho, monsieur.

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

I bought a single stick of deep Unistrut today (hate it when Im 1
short) from the local electrical supply house.

$8.97

I'll see if I can get better pricing from Platt Electrical Supply.
There's one here in GP. Searching the Borg (Blowes and Homey's
Despot) sites netted nothing. I hate their search engines with a
passion. They're as useless as WalMart's search engine.

I tried raceway, unistrut, metal strap, metal channel, channel, metal
brace, and a few others. NOGO. sigh

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.