Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Metal floor joists in home to combat termites?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:15:48 -0600, dpb wrote:

KLS wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:38:12 -0600, dpb wrote:

Norminn wrote:

Are you the OP????? OP didn't say the houses are ATTACHED. I'm still
stumped by the "every other year" bit.
From the OP: "...neighbor in a 100 year old townhouse-style house..."

What about the phrase "townhouse-style" makes you think it isn't
attached and shared wall?

For me, "townhouse-style" could mean simply a tall, narrow,
multi-story structure, not necessarily attached. But then, I'm fussy
about language and would infer attachment only if "-style" was removed
from the adjective.

Fussy about language on a usenet group? That's pretty futile isn't it?

Yes, and sad, too. But I do participate in other groups where we
hash out language issues to overall satisfaction, so hope springs
eternal!

I agree it surely isn't conclusive but I'd certainly not rule it out,
particularly based on the symptoms and other descriptions. My reply was
undoubtedly more strongly worded than really intended (that is as if it
were really conclusive).

Understandable. Hope the OP clarifies.