Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Power rating of a small switch mode ps?

"N Cook" wrote in message
I need to get a rough idea of the amperage capability of a small 5V SM ps
before attaching it to its load, to simulate, just in case the regulation
is
kapput.
Does anyone know how the volume of the smps hf transformer is related to
power
throughput or any other method? It uses a TOP66 of sufficient rating to
drive a few hundred watts across but the ps is relatively low power , but
unknown rating.
The one in question is only about 20mm cube

Worth checking the current rating of the secondary rectifiers ?
Manufacturers don't tend to rate them excessively in my experience.

Arfa