Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default blurred focus on lcd monitor

A friend called complaining that his out of warranty eMachines monitor
(Gateway) has developed an intermittant blured display. I have not seen it
yet.
While we spoke on the phone it went from blurry to sharp and back a couple
of times.

It seems to me that the problem must be in the monitor itself and not in the
PC'ss video.

Is this related to something that is reasonably repairable or is this
monitor now a throw away?

I can handle CRT based tv and on occasion monitors , but no experience with
LCD displays.

Could this be caused by a degrading lamp?

Varying brightness and contrast had no effect on sharpness.

Charlie