Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Education--one question for all the responders

On Jan 10, 9:34 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Charlie Self wrote:
I'll buy your last premise, but the draft dodger bit is pure nonsense.
First, there were not all that many draft dodgers. Second, it is

Maybe you just hung out at a different school. There were enough of them
going to college only for the deferment. My 1962-63 high school Civics
teacher told us not only how to avoid the draft, but how to work summers and
collect unemployment the rest of the year. I can give a list of names if
you need it.

Not draft dodgers, Ed. Those were draft evaders and it was legal.
Cheney did it. Bush did it. Hell, I think most of Congress did it. And
that's one of our current problems.