Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Education--second question

Dave in Houston said:

"Joe" wrote in message
news
Proud to have given every last one of my HB books to my son, who enjoys
them as much as I did,

I remember marveling back in the late 50s every time Frank mashed the
accelerator to the floorboard and the car zoomed to 30 mph! Me thinks my
set were original 1920-something prints. And, even though I knew at age
nine or ten that 30 mph really wasn't very fast at all, it never kept me
from finishing that particular book and starting the next one.

It may have been fluff to stuffy adults, but one of the easiest ways
to get kids to read voluntarily. Wasn't that the point?

Greg G.