Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Punched a hole in my gas tank last night

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:13:41 -0600, "Up North"
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
.97.142...
"Robert Swinney" wrote in
:

Strap sez: ". . . . .I learned how to tie a shop rag on my arm below
the elbow to keep the gasoline out of my arm pit that day. That
smarts, if you haven't had the blessed luck to get gas in your pits
yet. "

So Strap, is their a specific octane number you run best on ?

Bob Swinney

Been there done that, burns like hell. Try being 10 and deciding to
siphen
out a gallon of gas from your dads truck for your minibike with a length
of
hose for the first time. I knew to suck, just not when to stop
Nothing
like belching gas fumes for few hours, not to mention getting in trouble
for trying to get dad's gas.

Bill

I had the cap fly off the gas tank on my just filled minibike in 1972. I
still remember the burning sensation when it splashed on the family jewels.
Dang that stings.
Steve

A friend who was "too friendly with the natives" got himself a good
dose of the "crabs" back in the seventies in Africa.
He was bemoning his condition and asked for a remedy.
I told him to swab himself with parafin( not the wax, that smelly
varsol/kerosene like stuff that is used as lamp fuel abont other
things in the third world.

Next time I saw him he almost killed me - but I asked him "did it
work"? He answered yes.
"Will you be careless enough to catch then again, knowing the remedy?"
He answered "HELL NO!!!!"