Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Boiler Condensate

wrote:
I have a Bosche Greenstar Condensing Boiler. It is installed with a
vertical flue about 1200mm long.

The boiler has been running fine, but lately it has been pooling water
underneath it every couple of days.

I have removed the cover from the boiler and traced the water to the
bottom of the flue, where the white flue pipe enters the boiler and
joins a grey pipe. At this join there appears to be water dripping
out.

Below this join is a grey cylinder; I think this is the Condenser???

Is it likely that this will be full of water? Below the grey cylinder
is 2 vertical grey pipes, one of which is teed into with a black pipe
that goes to a white box and then to the condensate drain.

The two vertical grey pipes are capped at the bottom.end in a cap.

Does this problem mean there is a blockage in the drain?
Should this boiler have been installed with a vertical flue?
How can I drain this water out of the flue?

Don't know which Bosch model you have, but mine has a condensate
reservoir which at the bottom left which fills up and empties
periodically via a syphon arrangement - the idea is so it doesn't drain
with a continuous trickle which would make it likely to freeze during
icy conditions.

I suspect yours just has a leaking joint in the condensate drain pipework.

David