Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Metal floor joists in home to combat termites?

clipped

Will people please read and respond to the situation of the OP. These are
100 year old ATTACHED houses. They may have as little as an 8" party wall
(now I'm making an assumption) between them. He is concerned about the
untreated termite situation in his neighbor's house because the joists in
that house probably butt up against his joists making for easy termite
passage. I agree that treatment and not metal joists is the best solution,
but this situation is far more complicated that all the previous respondents
have realized.

Are you the OP????? OP didn't say the houses are ATTACHED. I'm still
stumped by the "every other year"
bit.