Posted to rec.woodworking
Fred the Red Shirt Fred the Red Shirt is offline

Default How smooth is smooth enough? Amateur Q.

On Jan 11, 6:32 am, "m. scott veach" wrote:

In general, how smooth can I expect to make the surface of my desk?
Can I get it as smooth as the ones in Home Depot? Or are they that
smooth because of some other material/procedure?

After sanding, run your fingers across the surface. If it feels to
you to be as smooth as your wife's ass you're ready to apply
finish. If it feels as smooth to you as my wife's ass, watch
your back...

--

FF