Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default Pipe benders

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
.. .

The HF bender that lies down flat is a very usable machine. Here you can
see some pictures of us making a very simple pipe handrail from 1-1/4":
http://www.tinyisland.com/images/Ent...ing/Index.html

I used the machine stock-standard except I took the die and very carefully
measured it and painted a thin white line on it to indicate the centerline
of the bend. I can now lay out a bend centerline on the pipe and line it
up by eye easily within 1/16", probably much closer.

BTW I paid $20 for my bender used. Lots of these show up used cheap
on craigslist.

Grant Erwin

pretty nice work grant. i got a jb2 bender and found it's a bitch to keep
the bends in the same plane. looks like you did pretty good w/ that
(especially with such a long run!)

b.w.