Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Heinz Schmitz Heinz Schmitz is offline

Default HP LaserJet 4M -- Yipes! Black stripes!

Michael Kennedy wrote:

Old HP gear seems to be quite reliable hence why your toner cartdige
was made in Japan, but I haven't been too happy with HP over the last few
years. They have changed their mindset from making a quailty product that
will last to a cheap product you can throw away.

Our purchasing dept then thought to have made
the savings of the year when they acquired a bunch
of HPLJ5s instead of the recommended HP4s.
After a week, it was found out in the offices, that this
printer had trouble with large files.

Regards,
H.