Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message

Do you just have one tungsten bulb per room?

Mary

No of course not. But if I can't replace tungsten with low energy on a
one
for one basis, I'll have to install a lot more lighting points which -
quite apart from any cost and Part-P inplications - will spoil the look
of
many of my rooms.

So the look of your rooms is more iomportant than the future of the
environment and your power bills.

The environment will suffer far more from the dumping of end of life
CFLs and all they contain, than a bit of tungsten, glass and some
inert gas.

MBQ

It's the power used when bulbs are switched on which is the cost to the
environment.

Mary